Con-Way Transportation Case Study
Con-Way Transportation Services, Inc., a $2.1 billion transportation and services company, provides time-definite and day-definite business-to business freight delivery services, and logistics solutions. The family of Con-Way companies provide a full menu of freight transportation options, whether a customer’s need is for ground expedited, air expedited, less-than-truckload regional, inter-regional or transcontinental coast-to-coast, airfreight forwarding or assembly and distribution logistics. Con-Way regional carriers offer premium direct next-day service in more markets and to more points than any other trucking company.
The initial contact was made during our annual review of the Service Award program. As a partner to CNF, Jostens would provide an umbrella Reward and Recognition model within which to focus Con-Way’s people on tactical goal attainment.
To create a nomination process and symbolic recognition awards that reinforce their core values.
- Create the organization’s umbrella recognition program “The Extra Mile”.
- Create materials that display the four-star logo, which represents their operating values — Safety, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence.
- Increase awareness and comprehension of Con-Way’s values.
- To ensure Con-Way will remain the industry leader
The program structure was to recognize any employee for that extra contribution.
- Crystal “Quality Leader Award” was developed for each component.
- Customized jewelry designs for the president’s award.
Created environment of trying to go “The Extra Mile” that drive Con-Way’s core values.